Estonia is participating in Web Summit 2022 to introduce the country’s digital services and business advantages to the world at the Digital Spirits side event on November 2, in Lisbon, Portugal.
Showcasing the best
Web Summit is one of the world’s largest annual gatherings of founders and CEOs of technology companies, leading investors and policymakers, as well as other tech stakeholders. This makes it an excellent place to network and learn about the latest trends in the industry. Additionally, the conference hosts a variety of speakers who are experts in their respective fields, so attendees can gain valuable insights from them.
Estonians will share their expertise, too, on business, sustainability and the future of the startup world. This is very much deserved, as Estonia has the highest number of unicorns, startups and investments per capita in Europe, which is a testament to the country’s thriving startup ecosystem.
Estonian speakers will include:
- Markus Villig, a co-founder and CEO of Bolt, a transportation unicorn that operates in over 30 countries across Europe and Africa.
- Kaidi Ruusalepp, co-founder and CEO of Funderbeam, a data-driven platform for startup investing.
- Martin Kalamees, co-founder and CEO of Werk, a flexible work platform that helps companies manage their remote workforce.
In addition, around 30 Estonian startups will be showcasing their solutions in the so-called demo area, such as mifundo, Werk and Alpha AR.
Digital Spirits of Estonia
On top of that, Estonia will host a side event at Web Summit 2022 to discover the secrets behind its digital success. Called “Digital Spirits of Estonia”, it will take place on November 2 at La Distillerie restaurant, which is known for its modern take on traditional Portuguese cuisine and unique atmosphere. The venue is located in the most emblematic neighbourhoods of Lisbon, just around the corner from the Web Summit afterparties.
Starting at 5 PM, Digital Spirits will offer a symbolic journey through the land of unicorns to network, make new connections, and enjoy the ride along the Estonia meets Portugal culinary route. Expect to learn more about:
- empowering digital nation – e-Residency
- Estonian business environment – Invest Estonia
- startup visa, scaleup visa and Estonian startup ecosystem – Startup Estonia
- pursuing a dream tech career – Work in Estonia
- more about – e-Estonia
If you are interested in learning more about the latest tech trends and discovering the roots of Estonian digital success, you can register for “Digital Spirits of Estonia” here. The event is free to attend with limited capacity.