“Good IPAs recognize that they are the critical interface between their jurisdiction and the global community of investors and companies outside. Remember that, for all our data, this is a very human business,” says Vice President Chris Steele of Conway, the organization issuing the Site Selection magazine and offering other services related corporate investment.
Estonian Investment Agency accumulated the biggest number of points in Eastern Europe and Central Asia region, based on the following criteria:
- Most professionally responsive to inquiries
- Staff possessing the best knowledge and language diversity
- Offering access to user-friendly databases of sites and incentives (general and sector-specific)
- Readily available information on timing expectations of permitting and other processes
- Access to recent investors in the region who can vouch for the area and agency
- Best reputation for protecting investor confidentiality
- Reputation for after-care services
- Website: easy to navigate, offers a wide breadth of data, and has the cleanest, most efficient design
The agency and programmes initiated by it have previously received several prestigious awards for their marketing projects (e.g for World’s best employment online campaign from IAC; on several occasions Estonia’s most important annual marketing award Kuldmuna). The e-Residency programme, a part of the Investment Agency, was one of the reasons for the Government of the Republic of Estonia receiving the Government Leadership Award at the GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last year and has previously received many other technology and governance related awards.
International House of Estonia, another initiative brought to life by the Investment Agency, received Deed of the Year 2018 award from the Estonian Association of Information Technology and Telecommunications. In design, Estonia’s unified brand concept that the Estonian Investment Agency is a proud user of, won the City Nation Place 2018 award for the Best Use of Design.