As 2022 comes to an end, the Estonian tech and startup ecosystem has a lot of things to be proud of. To discuss and celebrate what has been done, five of Estonia’s tech ecosystem organizations invite for an annual wrap-up event.
Organized by the Estonian Founders Society, Startup Estonia, EstVCA, EstBAN, and Estonian Investment Agency (Invest Estonia), the event will take place at Cafe NR99 (Sakala 3, Tallinn) on December 14.
Starting at 17:00, the gathering will kick off with an open bar serving snacks, beer, and wine, followed by a 60-minute back-and-forth discussing highlights from 2022 and what’s in the headlights for 2023. Speakers include:
- Kaidi Ruusalepp, the founder of the Estonian Founders Society, a nonprofit organization that supports entrepreneurs and startups in Estonia.
- Eve Peeterson, the head of Startup Estonia, a government-funded program that helps local startups grow and connect with international investors.
- Margus Uudam, the chairman of the Estonian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association, an industry group that promotes private equity and venture capital investment in the country.
- Lauri Antalainen, the chairman of the Estonian Business Angels Network, an organization that connects local angel investors with startups in need of funding.
- Joonas Vänto, the CEO of Invest Estonia, a government agency that helps foreign companies establish operations in Estonia and supports the growth of local startups.
The event is an opportunity to connect with the key stakeholders of the Estonian tech and startup ecosystem, celebrate the wins and explore the most exciting opportunities ahead.
There will be hardly a shortage of themes and notable numbers to discuss. According to the preliminary results for just three quarters, in 2022, Estonian startups attracted over €1,2B in investments, accompanied by €1,5B turnover generated. There have also been two new unicorns as Veriff and Glia crossed the €1B valuation mark.
Entrance is free, with registration required. Follow the link to reserve a spot.