The cover story “The story of e-Estonia for all senses” explores Estonia’s pavilion, a bright blue cube, located near the epicentre of Dubai’s EXPO, displaying the story of how Estonia become the most digitally advanced nation in the world. As Estonians live in an environmentally friendly digital realm, smart and sustainable are also keywords in the exhibition.
Estonia is participating in the world’s greatest show with the largest business delegation ever, giving a boost to our companies and prepared to expand into new markets. 40+ companies and organisations from Estonia will offer world’s class digital, smart and sustainable solutions in a bid for new partners around the globe.
“All our partners advocate a sustainable lifestyle, the importance of the environment to what we wear and eat,” Daniel Schaer, Commissioner General of the Estonian Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, noted. “We show every visitor the inescapable tomorrow that Estonia occupies today,” he added.
Despite a postponement due to the COVID crisis, EXPO Dubai has more than 190 participant countries and 25 million visitors are expected to visit. Due to the vision of the organisers, the direction of EXPO itself has changed and returned to philosophic roots in which innovation, technology and business connections come first.
EXPO Dubai is a real-world show and will be remembered as one of the grandest gatherings the world has ever seen – the World’s Greatest Show.
- The next story in Life in Estonia magazine, “Estonia’s digital ecosystem – creating a seamless society” describes how seamless digital services of Estonia have led to bigger potential for economic growth and a healthier, better living society.
- As Estonia is now home to 7 unicorns and leading Europe in terms of unicorns per capita, we invite you go deeper into the major factors behind this success story.
- We also take a look at the the post-pandemic world and see how Estonian companies have adapted to the new normal.
- What has Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini got to do with Estonia? No, none of them has built a new car for Estonia’s rally star Ott Tänak. The right answer is that all these cars could get even faster with the help of Estonian company Dynomax which uses revolutionary wireless software giving it a considerable speed advantage over competitors.
- Eating healthy and fresh food has been on the minds of people around the world lately. Click & Grow is manufacturing smart gardens so that everyone can become a gardener and have a supply of healthy produce all year round, no matter what the climate outside may be. The question is, could hyperlocally grown food be the future of farming?
- Think global, test in Tallinn! We invite you on the journey to the capital of innovation where you can find self-driving cars and delivery robots, solar-panelled pavements, smart crossings, self-service mini shops or other futuristic products and services.
- The second biggest city in Estonia – Tartu – is smart and green as well. Before the city transforms into the European Capital of Culture in 2024, Tartu will present its smart solutions at EXPO 2020 this autumn in Dubai.
- Life in Estonia also explores, how to manage a digitalization wave in construction sector.
Read the newest issue of Life in Estonia Magazine here:
Wish to do business in Estonia? Send us a request for e-Consulting to get further information and your personal consultation from one of our investment advisors. And join us at Expo 2020 in Dubai!