The Digitally Wild side-event
Estonia at Slush
Registration to side-event
Beyond contributions to the main programme and startups competition (see below), Estonia will host a Digitally wild: Powering the Future side event.
Starting at 5 PM at Valkoinen Sali (White Hall) — one of the most historically significant venues in Helsinki — it will blend together technological advances and Michelin-level food prepared by one of Estonia’s outstanding young chefs Tõnis Saar. The musical accompaniment will be brought by DJ Liisi Voolaid.
Although the life and soul of the event is good food and company, there will also be a discussion part moderated by Finnish well-known Finnish journalist Mrs Marjo Näkki. Participants include:
- Kristjan Järvan, Minister of Entrepreneurship and Information Technology of Estonia.
- Dr. Kristi Raik, Director of the Estonian Foreign Policy Institute at The International Centre for Defence and Security.
Besides that, expect to learn more about:
- Estonian business environment – Invest Estonia
- doing business online and borderless – e-Residency
- pursuing a dream tech career – Work in Estonia
- your next travel obsession – Visit Estonia
If you are interested in learning more about the latest tech trends and diving deep into a digitally wild environment, you can register for “Digitally wild: Powering the Future” here. The event is free to attend with limited capacity.
Since its inception in 2008, Slush has become one of the leading startup and tech events in Europe. The two-day conference attracts over 12 000 attendees from over 130 countries, including 4,600 startup founders and operators, 2,600 investors, and 400 media representatives.
Estonia’s delegation is likely to be one of the biggest due to the close economic and business ties — Finland has been one of the two biggest investors in the Estonian economy during the last 30 years, including the IT sector.
Slush has a mission to help the next generation of great, world-conquering companies forward. In addition to an excellent networking opportunity, Slush is also a great way to get inspired and learn about the latest in technology and startups.
This year’s event will focus on the theme of power and how we can use it to create a better future. To lead by example, Slush organizers are assuring that the conference is already carbon-negative. Estonia, with its ambitious goal to rely on 100% clean energy by 2030, will fit in just perfectly.
The stage program will feature top-level speakers from around the world. Those include:
- Legendary VC-investor Doug Leone, who has led the private equity firm Sequoia for more than 20 years. The firm has recently invested in Bolt, one of the Estonian unicorns.
- Loreanne Garcia, the Founder of Kavak, one of Latin America’s most successful growth companies
- Nikolay Storonsky, the Founder of financial superapp Revolut.
In total, Slush will feature more than 150 speakers and moderators over the two days.
Besides that, the conference is also organizing a pitching competition — Slush 100 — with up to €1M in investments from 5 of the biggest VCs in the world: Accel, General Catalyst, Lightspeed, NEA, and Northzone. Estonian tech is represented among the finalists, paving its way among 1000+ submissions:
- Better Medicine, a Tartu-based MedTech startup that focuses on developing a tool that helps cancer patients.
- Bitskout, a Tallinn-based AI-enabled task automation platform.