Estonia has long been known for its vibrant tech industry and entrepreneurial spirit. In recent years, the country has become a hotbed for innovative startups, with 10 unicorns and many others as leaders in their respective fields.
Unicorns across the Atlantic
Estonian entrepreneurs and policymakers are now gathering across the Atlantic in New York City to showcase their best practices. The event, titled “Tales from the Land of Unicorns” will take place in the heart of the Big Apple on April 14th. The Consulate General of Estonia in New York, the Estonian Embassy in Washington, and TRINITI Law Firm have joined hands with Trade Estonia and Invest Estonia to bring this event to the heart of the business world on 5th Avenue.
The gathering provides a unique opportunity for entrepreneurs to learn from each other, share best practices and explore ways to collaborate. The impressive lineup includes:
- Arvo Anton, Consul General of Estonia in New York
- Airi Hämmalov, M&A and Private Equity Partner at Baker McKenzie
- Maris Prii, Head of Investor Relations in the US at Invest Estonia
- Alvar Soosaar, Master of Ceremonies for the event, Director of US Investment and Trade, Embassy of Estonia in Washington
- Sandra Särav, Deputy Secretary General for Business and Consumer Environment, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications of Estonia
- Elizabeth Kiehner, Chief Growth Officer, Nortal
- Elizabeth M. Tanner, Esq., Secretary of Commerce, State of Rhode Island NYC (TBC)
- Valter Võhma, Associate Partner | Attorney-at-Law, TRINITI Estonia
- Martin Rand, Co-founder and CEO of Pactum
- Eamonn Carey, General Partner, Tera Ventures (TBC)
- Timmu Tõke, ReadyPlayerMe (TBC)
The event will also feature startup pitches from some of Estonia’s most innovative companies, including Planet42, LaavaTech, SkySelect, Beamline Accelerator, Bikeep, Clevon, Reconeyez, Pactum, ReadyPlayerMe, and Solid World. These companies are at the forefront of cutting-edge technologies, from mobility and transportation to fintech and digital identity solutions.
Besides that, there’s a networking and afterparty on the agenda with Stefan, Estonia’s Pop Artist of 2023 and Estonian representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022, performing his own songs in the Estonian House.
Register for this exciting opportunity to learn how you can become a part of the land of unicorns yourself! The event is free to attend with limited capacity.