“Estonia has worked hard to enable success for its citizens and for its companies. We are #1 in Europe for our education and #1 in the world for the number of tech ‘unicorns’ per capita. Our pioneering digital services, transparent tax system and overall ease of doing business have attracted many investors and tech entrepreneurs over the years and we hope to continue on this path,” Minister of Foreign Trade and Information Technology, Mr Kaimar Karu writes as an introduction to the Winter 2020 issue of the Life in Estonia Magazine.
- The cover story focuses on the success of Estonia’s government startup e-Residency that has been disrupting Estonia and the world for five years already (with Head of e-Residency Ott Vatter on the cover photo).
- Estonian bicycle company Ampler discusses how it is reinventing the wheel in the electric bicycles market.
- Entrepreneurial women of Estonia tell us how they are taking on the world.
- One of Estonia’s most well-known sports journalists Peep Pahv calls the country’s first world rally champion Ott Tänak a “national treasure”.
- Rain Rannu, startup entrepreneur turned angel investor turned movie director is telling the magazine about his startup movie Chasing Unicorns.