Estonia joined the list of 33 countries honoured with the chance to host a WRC stage. In addition to the world’s quickest drivers, Rally Estonia featured self-driving vehicles designed and built in Estonia.
Good location, government support and brilliant people make Estonia a perfect place for Toyota WRC Rally Team
In 2018, Toyota Gazoo Racing WRT rally team moved a significant part of its operations to Peetri, an area situated a few kilometres South of Estonia’s capital Tallinn. According to leaders of the rally team, they have no regrets as the team’s operations are now at a really good logistical location, the people hired are doing their job brilliantly and state support can be felt as well.
Estonian startup investor of the year Gerri Kodres says that investors have quickly recovered from the initial corona-virus shock and smart money from investors is finding its way to Estonia again: the majority of the capital from the 30 fund raising campaigns in the first six months was received in the second quarter, during the pandemic.
EyeVi Technologies is developing the in-car mapping technology that automatically creates accurate 3D maps for self-driving cars as well as detects road markings and surface defects. The EyeVi team also participated in Rally Estonia. They weren’t there to compete with Ott Tänak, but to apply their mobile mapping system (MMS) to record the venue.
The Estonian-founded FinTech startup Cachet, that enables better-priced and personalised insurance payments for ride-hailing drivers of Uber, Bolt and Yandex.Taxi, closes €1.1M seed round to expand to the Nordics, Poland and the UK.
Wish to invest in Estonia where tech unicorns and rally champions are born? Our quick and free e-Consulting service is here to help.
- Top investment news from August 2020
- Top investment news from July 2020
- Top investment news from June 2020
- Top investment news from May 2020
- Top investment news from April 2020
- Top investment news from March 2020
- Top investment news from February 2020
- Top investment news from January 2020
- Top investment news from 2019
- Top investment news from November 2019
- Top investment news from October 2019
- Top investment news from September 2019
- Top investment news from August 2019